History

1920

The Harbin Sino-Russian Industrial School was    established, which was constituted by the Department of Railway Construction    and the Department of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering where teaching    was conducted with Russian as the medium of instruction.

1928

The Harbin Sino-Russian Industrial School was renamed    as the Harbin Institute of Technology, which was managed jointly by China and    the Soviet Union.

1952

The Department of Electrical Engineering was    established, whereafter academic groups for motor, industrial and enterprise    automation, electrical engineering, electrical apparatus, and high voltage were    established with the help of experts of the Soviet Union.

1961

The department’s programs including power grids at    power plants and the power System, high voltage technology, relay protection were    integrated into the Beijing Electric Power University.

1980

The Electric Power Industry Automation Academic Group    was established, which marks the restart of the development of the school.

1981

The school’s PhD program in electrical machine and apparatus    obtained the power to confer degrees among China’s first batch of doctoral    programs granted such authorization.

1990

The School was granted the power to confer PhD degrees    and to offer postdoctoral fellowships in electrical engineering as a    first-level discipline.

1993

The School of Computer Science and Electrical    Engineering was founded with the Department of Electrical Engineering merged    with the Department of Computer Science.

2000

The School of Electrical Engineering and Automation was    founded after the Department of Electrical Engineering had been separated    from the School of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering and was joined    by the Department of Automation Test and Control.

2018.10

The School of Electrical Engineering and Automation was    founded.